* 4 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 cup flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 package vanilla sugar
* Pinch of salt
* 1 Tbsp. oil
Cheese Filling I:
* 1/2 pound farmer cheese
* 4 ounces cream cheese
* 4 Tbsps. honey or
* maple syrup
* juice of 1/2 lemon
* 1 egg yolk
Cheese Filling II:
* 1 pound cottage cheese,
* 2 egg yolks
* 2 Tbsps. flour
* 2 Tbsps. sugar
* 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
* 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
BATTER: In a large mixer bowl combine eggs, milk, water and blend well. Gradually add flour, then both sugars, salt and oil. Beat well until there are no lumps in the batter.
FILLING I: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat well. Or combine all the ingredients in a blender container and blend until smooth.
FILLING II: Combine all ingredients, except raisins, in a bowl and beat well. Or all the ingredients can be combined in a blender container and blended until smooth. Then add raisins.
TO ASSEMBLE CREPES: 1. Prepare batter and filling of your choice. Using a paper towel or basting brush, apply a thin coating of oil to a 7 inch skillet. Place skillet over medium heat until skillet is hot but not smoking.
2. Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet. Tilt pan to swirl the batter so it covers the bottom of the skillet.
3. Fry on one side until small air bubbles form, and top is set. Bottom should be golden brown. When done, carefully loosen edges of crepe and slip out of skillet onto a plate..
4. Repeat the above procedure until all the batter is used. Grease the skillet as needed..
5. Turn each crepe so that golden brown side is up. Place 3 tablespoons of filling on one edge in a 2 1/2 inch long by 1-inch wide mound..
6. Roll once to cover filling. Fold the sides into the center and continue rolling until completely closed..
7. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet and place each crepe seam side down in the skillet and fry 2 minutes on each side, turning once.
VARIATION: Whole wheat pastry flour can be used instead of white flour.